Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The most beautiful dinner roll...

the cloverleaf roll!

I have basically been cooking all day long. The Chocolate Chip Scones were a delicious success.  More on that later.  The baguettes taste delicious but look terrible.  More on that later as well.

Overall the greatest recipe of the day was the cloverleaf dinner roll. 

Almost as an afterthought, I decided to work on these jewels.  Using a basic dough recipe for rolls, I set the dough to the side to rise for a bit.  Once I punched it down, I split the dough into 24 pieces.  Then, I separated each one of those into three balls and placed them in a muffin tin...


Brush a little melted butter on each roll, cover it, and set it to the side to rise again.  Major tip here:  Before you get started, make sure you have 4 muffin tins!  I only have two, so my second batch doesn't look quite as beautiful because I had to move them after they had already risen.

Pop these babies in the oven for 15 minutes, and you have a gorgeous dinner roll!


Now, during the school year, I definitely wouldn't have had the time to make these from scratch.  That's okay, though! The Publix bakery always has some dough on hand, ready to go.  I'm sure you could also use any of the frozen dough as well.  Bottom line...these rolls are much cuter than your basic roll. Plus, think of all the glory that will be yours when people realized your rolls are handmade.  :)

Oh, by the way, I threw in a four leaf clover roll for that one lucky person.  Can you find it?!

2 comments:

  1. Third roll on the top row!!! whoo what do I win!? I want some chocolate scones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo, you're shipping some of these to me, right??

    ReplyDelete

love your comments!