Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ten Words...

And here's my first non-food post. My bad, y'all.

When David and I first got engaged (yay!), my mom said she had a 'job' for me. 

She required that I come up with 10 words that I wanted my wedding to be.  That way, whenever we make major decisions about the wedding, we can always look back to the 10 words and make sure that it's right in line.

I get distracted easily.  Really, really easily.  And--although I am madly in love with great weddings sites like Weddingbee, The Wedding Chicks, and 100 Layer Cake--I knew (or rather, my mother knew) that I would become overwhelmed.  And, before long, my wedding would be going in a thousand different directions. 

So these 10 words have been our direction.  And they've served us well.  With 6 (ish...) months to go, I really feel that everything we've done for the wedding really exemplifies these 10 words.  So, directly from an email to my mother six months ago, here are my 10 words...
  • intimate
  • traditional
  • modern
  • stress free (for our wedding party) (i hope this doesn't count as two words)
  • different (just a little. not so much that it's weird.)
  • fun (duh.)
  • simple
  • bright
  • personal
  • homemade
As you can see, my words are a bit all over the place (um, hello, 'traditional' and 'modern'!).  It's really exciting to see our wedding turning into all of these words.  And, if something doesn't fit?  It goes!  No matter how much I like it or how many blogs I see the idea on. 


My yellow and grey wedding inspiration!


If you're planning a wedding, take some time to think about your 10 words. The process really helped to focus my thoughts into what I really wanted our wedding to be.

What 10 words best describe your wedding--past or future?!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh you are BACK!!! I'm so excited to read your amazing recipes again :)

    PS..here it is...let me know what you think!

    http://thelittlethings711.blogspot.com/

    I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I love that you are mixing it up with non-food posts - especially wedding related ones!

    I think the 10 Words is such a thoughtful idea, and I will more than likely steal it, haha!

    Keep bloggin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay with the blog post!!!

    I love the idea of choosing 10 words to describe your dream wedding...what a great way to keep yourself on track.

    I cannot WAIT for the wedding festivities to begin! Start thinking about your showers...!!

    ReplyDelete

love your comments!