Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My New Year's Resolutions...

I'm sharing these with as many people as possible.  Y'all gotta keep me honest!


These are kind of random---from running to makeup, I'm all over the place with my resolutions.  


1.  Keep my makeup brushes clean.  Do you guys do this?  I might be outing myself here as a dirty girl.  I cleaned them for the first time (um, ever) yesterday, and--holy crap--what came out was disgusting. So, I'm going to clean with soap and water on a weekly basis, and then disinfect with water and vinegar (2 parts to 1) on a monthly basis.

2.  Do the couch to 5K plan. Y'all, this is pretty much awesome.  I always get so bored running, but this plan has you alternating between running and walking every few minutes, so the time goes by really fast.   I know there are podcasts/playlists online that follow this plan.  The music will speed up or slow down when you're supposed to change pace.  That way, you don't have to worry about timing yourself.   I'm in the process of finding some good playlists, and I'll keep you guys updated.  There is a 5K in Athens for alumni on March 19th, and some friends are running that.  I'm thinking I might sign up for that.  

3.  Plan meals for the month.  I did this in November, and it felt so good to come home every night and know what I was making.  Plus, it really helped me to save money at the grocery store.  We only bought what we needed for those meals, and we've noticed a HUGE change in our grocery bill!  I always make sure there are a few easy recipes/week and a few more challenging recipes.  And, I'm flexible about what I make throughout the week.  So, if it was a rough day at work, I'll make an easier recipe.  

4.  Make new recipes.  When I planned out meals for the month, I realized that I pretty much make the same four things over and over and over again.  So, each week in January I added in a new recipe that I haven't made before.  Last night, I made Penne a la Betsy from the Pioneer Woman.  That's REALLY the name of the recipe.  David was making fun of me for naming a recipe after myself until I showed him the cookbook! Anyway, it was really good and really easy.  I've made three of her recipes--including a to-die-for Red Velvet Cake--so far this year, and each one has been fabulous.  I'll be blogging about those soon!

What are your resolutions?  Are they as random as mine?!

Anyone want to be a couch to 5K buddy with me?!

2 comments:

  1. I will run the 5K in Athens with you! You know, since I'll be living there and everything. You could always spend the night before if it's early!

    Lindsay made Penne a la Betsy a month or so ago! It was divine! Love me some Ree.

    Happy New Year, my love! What a fabulous year it will be!

    ReplyDelete

love your comments!